100 Expected Current Affairs 2018
The world’s smallest and lightest satellite ‘KalamSat’, built by 18-year-old Sharook, an Indian student, was successfully launched into space by Nasa.
• Indian gymnast has clinched a gold in the vault eventof FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup 2018 in Turkey is Deepa Karmakar.
• GST is celebrated on July 1.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the 3rd Indian cricketer to reach the coveted milestone of playing 500 international matches.
• The 17th World Sanskrit Conference (WSC-2018) is hosted by Canada. • The new name of Agarthala airport is Maharaja Beer Bikram Kishor airport.
• Maharasthtra is the state which has maximum number of Unesco World Heritage Sites in India (Five).
• The venue of the meeting between the US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin scheduled next month is Helsinki (Finland).
• The theme of the 2018 International Day of Cooperative (IDC) is Sustainable societies through cooperation.
• Russia scored the largest number of self goals in 2018 Football world cup.
• The first-ever ‘India Tourism Mart will be held in New Delhi from 16th to 18th September 2018.
• Vishwas Patel, who is Director at Infibeam Avenues, has been appointed as new Chairman of Payments Council of India (PCI), the apex body representing the companies in the payments and settlement system.
• The Malayali doctor mentioned in the book written by Chelsi, the daughter of Bill Clinton, is Dr.Mary Varghese
• The Bhitarkanika National Park (BNP) of Odisha has become the largest habitat of the endangered estuarine crocodiles in India with a record number of their nesting sites spotted in it.
• Dry Stone which entered World Heritage List of UNESCO is in Kenya.
• Dharampal, the Sarpanch of Godikan village panchayat in Haryana, has passed a ‘No Toilet No Bride’ resolution to ensure the safety and well-being of its womenfolk.
• India’s rank is 2018 Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI) is 35.
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) will set up a stateof-the-art Civil Aviation Research Organisation (CARO) at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
• Former Malaysian Prime Minister Najeeb Rasaq was arrested in connection with corruption charges.
• Supreme court issued guidelines for the appointment of Director General of Police. The minimum tenure for DGP will be two years.
• Baba Kalyani will head the group to study the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) Policy of India.
• Uday Kumar Varma, the former Information and Broadcasting secretary, has been appointed as new member of the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC), a self-regulatory body for general entertainment channels.
• The 2018 Asian games is scheduled to be held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang. This is the first time Asian Games are being co-hosted in two cities.
• The motto of 2018 Asian Games is “Energy of Asia”.
• The mascots of 2018 Asian Games are Bhin Bhin, Kaka, and Atung.
• India became the sixth largest economy in the world by replacing France to 7th rank.
• USA is the largest economy in the world. The next ranks are secured by China, Japan and Germany. Britain has fifth rank.
Al Ahsa Oasis which is listed by UNESCO among heritage sites is in Saudi Arabia.
• The novel ‘English Patient’ has won the Golden Man Booker Prize. It is authored by Michael Ondaatje.
• The ancient city of Oman which entered World Heritage List of UNESCO is Qaihat.
• Lawrence Haddad and David Nabarro have won the World Food Prize 2018.
• Kabir Mahotsav has started in Uttar Pradesh to mark the 500th death anniversary of mystic poet and saint Kabir Das.
• The United Nations’ (UN) International Day in Support of Victims of Torture is observed every year on June 26.
• The novel “Eleventh Hour” is authored by Crime writer Hussain Zaidi .
• The International Day of Tropics is observed every year on June 29.
• The World Sports Journalists Day (WSJD) is observed every year on July 2 to mark the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports.
• S Ramesh, a 1981 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has taken over charge as the new chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), the apex policy-making body for indirect taxes.
• Former India captain Rahul Dravid and former Australian captain Ricky Ponting have been inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame for their stupendous achievements in international cricket.
• Nagpur, the second capital of Maharashtra, is set to host the Monsoon session of the state Legislature today after a gap of 47 years.
• The Archaeological Border comples of Hedeby and Danevirke which were included in UNESCO Heritage List in 2018 is in Germany.