LDC MAIN EXAM MARK DISTRIBUTION
I. General Knowledge
i. History 5
ii. Geography 5
iii. Economics 5
iv. Indian Constitution 5
v. Kerala – Governance and System of Administration 5
vi. Life Science and Public Health 6
vii. Physics 3
viii. Chemistry 3
ix. Arts, Literature, Culture, Sports 5
x. Basics of Computer 3
xi. Important Acts 5
II. Current Affairs 20
III. Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning 10
IV. General English 10
V. Regional Language (Malayalam, Kannada,Tamil)10
Study planner for an effective study schedule work planner
Kerala PSC degree level Exam Detailed Syllabus
How to prepare secretariat administrative assistant exam or company board Corporation exam with out external coaching.
SYLLABUS FOR LDC MAIN EXAM
I. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
(i) HISTORY (5 Marks)
KERALA – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of
Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and
Religious Reform movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources
of Kerala History- United Kerala Movement- Political and Social History of
Kerala after 1956.
INDIA – Political History- Establishment of the British- First War of
Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform
movement- Newspapers – Literature and Arts during the freedom struggle –
Independence Movement & Mahathma Gandhi – India’s independent –
Post independent period – State reorganization – Development in Science,
Education, and Technology – Foreign policy.
WORLD – Great Revolution in England- American War of Independence –
French Revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese Revolution- Political
History after Second World War- UNO and other International Organizations
ii) GEOGRAPHY (5 Marks)
Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere, Rocks, Landforms,
Pressure Belt and Winds, Temperature and Seasons, Global IssuesGlobal Warming- Various forms of Pollution, Maps- Topographic Maps
and Signs, Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System, Oceans and
its various movements – Continents, – Nations and their specific features.
INDIA – Physiography- States and its features, Northern Mountain Region,
Rivers, Northern Great Plain, Peninsular Plateau, Coastal Plain, Climate –
Natural Vegetation – Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources,
Transport system – Road- Water- Railways- Air.
Kerala – Physiography- Districts and its features – Rivers- Climate – Natural
Vegetation – Wild life – Agriculture and research centers – Minerals and
Industries – Energy Sources – Transport system – Road – Water- Railway- Air
(iii) ECONOMICS (5 Marks)
India : Economy, Five Year Plans, New Economic Reforms, Planning
Commission, Niti Aayog, Financial Institutions, Agriculture – Major Crops,
Green Revolution, Minerals.
(iv) INDIAN CONSTITUTION (5 Marks)
Constituent Assembly – Preamble – Citizenship – Fundamental Rights –
Directive Principles – Fundamental Duties – Structure of Government –
Important Constitutional Amendments (42, 44, 52, 73, 74, 86, 91) –
Panchayathi Raj – Constitutional Authorities and their Functions – Union ListState List – Concurrent List.
(v) Kerala Governance and System of Administration
– Kerala -State Civil Service, Constitutional bodies, Various Commissions, Basic facts of Socio
Economic Commercial Planning and Policies, Disaster Management Authority –
Watershed Management – Employment and Labour – National Rural
Employment Programmes, Land Reforms, Social Welfare Security and
Protection of Women, Children and Senior Citizens.
(vi) Life Science and Public Health (5 Marks)
Basic facts of Human Body
Vitamins and Minerals and their Deficiency Diseases, Communicable Diseases and Causative Organisms
Kerala – Welfare activities in Health Sector ,Lifestyle Diseases. Basic Health Facts
Environment and Environmental Hazards
(vii) Physics (3 Marks)
1) Branches of Physics –Matter – Units, Measurements – Physical Quantities.
2) Motion – Newton’s Laws of Motion – Third law – Momentum – Projectile
Motion – Uses of Third Law – Achievements in space missions in IndiaISRO.
3) Light- Lens, Mirrors – Problems based on r = 2f – Different phenomena of
Light – Rainbow – Colours of different materials – Electromagnetic
Spectrum – IR rays- UV rays – X rays – Photoelectric Effect.
4) Sound – Different types of Waves – Velocity of Sound in different media –
Resonance – Reverberation.
5) Force – Different types of Forces – Friction – Advantages and
disadvantages of Friction – Liquid Pressure – Buoyant Force – Archimedes
Principle – Pascal’s law – Density – Relative density- Adhesive Cohesive
forces- Capillarity – Viscous force – Surface tension.
6) Gravitation – Centripetal Force – Centrifugal Force – Escape Velocity,
Satellites – Escape Velocity – Weight Mass – value of ‘g’- ‘g’ in different
7) Heat – Temperature – Different types of thermometers – Humidity –
8) Work – Energy – Power – Simple problems relating to Work, Energy,
Power, Levers – Different types of Levers.
(viii) Chemistry (3 Marks)
Atom – Molecule – States of Matter – Allotropy – Gas laws – Aqua regia.
Elements – Periodic Table-Metals &Non metals-Chemical Physical
changes- Chemical reactions-Solutions, Mixtures, Compounds.
Metals-Non metals – Alloys – Acids, Bases – pH value – Alkaloids.
(ix) Arts, Sports, Literature and Culture (5 Marks)
Arts :Important Audio Visual Art Forms of Kerala- Famous Places, Institutions,
Personalities, Artistes and Writers related to origin, development, extension,
and practice of these Art Forms.
Famous Sports personalities of Kerala, India and World – their Sports Events,
achievements and awards.
Important Awards – Corresponding Fields , Winners
Famous Trophies – Related Events and Sports Items.
Number of Players in Important Sports Items.
Important Terms associated with various Sports and Games.
Olympics – Basic Facts, Venues / Countries, Famous Performances and
Personalities- India in Olympics-Winter Olympics & Para Olympics.
Asian Games, Afro-Asian Games, CommonWealth Games, SAF Games –
Venues, Countries, Performance of India, other facts.
Games – Events, Players, Achievements.
National Sports / Games , Events of various Countries
Malayalam – Important Literary Movements – Icons and their first works.
Main works of Literature related to each movement and their authors.
Writers – Pen name and Nick name.
Famous Works and Characters.
Famous Quotes – Books and Authors.
Beginning of Journalism in Kerala – Pioneers, Journals and Publications.
Famous Awards/ Honours – Writers and their works.
Malayalam Writers who won the Jnanpith Award and related facts.
Malayalam Cinema – Origin, Development, Milestones, Pioneers, National
Kerala – Important Celebrations -Places associated with such Celebrations,
Kerala – Cultural Centres, Worship Places, Cultural Leaders and their
(x) Basics of Computer (3 Marks)
• Input Devices (Names and uses)
• Output Devices (Names and uses/features)
• Memory devices – Primary and Secondary (Examples, Features)
• Classification – System software and Application software
• Operating System – Functions and examples
• Popular Application software packages – Word processors, Spreadsheets,
Database packages, Presentation, Image editors (Uses, features and
fundamental concepts of each)
• Basics of programming – Types of instructions (Input, Output, Store,
Control, Transfer) (Languages need not be considered)
• Types of networks – LAN, WAN, MAN (Features and application area)
• Network Devices – Media, Switch, Hub, Router, Bridge, Gateway (Uses
• Services – WWW, E-mail, Search engines (Examples and purposes)
• Social Media (Examples and features)
• Web Designing – Browser, HTML (Basics only)
Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws
• Types of crimes (Awareness level)
• IT Act and Other laws (Awareness level)
(xi) Important Acts (5 Marks)
Right to Information Act – Information Exempted; Constitution of
Information Commissions- Powers and Functions.
Protection of Consumers – Rights of Consumers.
Law for the Protections of Vulnerable Sections – Protection of Civil
Rights – Atrocities against SC & ST – National Commission for SC / STKerala State SC/ST Commission – National and State Minority
Commission – National Human Rights Commission and State Human
Rights Commission – Protection of Senior Citizen.
Protection and Safeguarding of Women – Offences affecting Public
Decency and Morals. National and State Commission for Women – The
Protection of Women (from Domestic Violence) Act, 2005.
Protection and Safeguards of Children – Protection of Children from
Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act, 2012.
II. Current Affairs (20 Marks)
III. Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning
(i). Simple Arithmetic (5 Marks)
Numbers and Basic Operations
Fraction and Decimal Numbers
Profit and Loss
Simple and Compound Interest
Ratio and Proportion
Time and Distance
Time and Work
Laws of Exponents
(ii). Mental Ability & Reasoning (5 Marks)
Problems on Mathematical Signs
Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
Odd man out
Coding and Decoding
Sense of Direction
Time and Angles
Time in a clock and its reflection
Date and Calendar
IV. GENERAL ENGLISH
(i). English Grammar (5 Marks)
Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
Different Parts of Speech.
Agreement of Subject and Verb.
Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
Infinitive and Gerunds
Tenses in Conditional Sentences
The Use of Correlatives
Direct and Indirect Speech
Active and Passive voice
Correction of Sentences
(ii) Vocabulary (5 Marks)
Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
Foreign Words and Phrases
One Word Substitutes
Words often confused
Idioms and their Meanings
V. REGIONAL LANGUAGE (10 Marks)
ഘടക പദം (വാകയം േചർെതഴുതക)
Word Purity / Correct Word
One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
Idioms and Proverbs
Join the Word
Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
Sort and Write
2)Correct Structure of Sentence
6)Antonyms / Opposite
7)Phrases and Proverbs
9)Join the Word
10) Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
11) Singular, Plural
13) Adding Phrases
- Best Books for Junior Instructor Plumber Kerala PSC|Plumber Theory Exam BooksWhatsApp Facebook Telegram Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Books for Junior Instructor Plumber In this post, we have listed … Read more
- Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards 2022WhatsApp Facebook Telegram Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards 2022: The President of India has approved … Read more
- Padma Awards 2023|Padma Vibhushan Awards 2023|Padma Bhushan Awards 2023|Padma Shri Awards 2023WhatsApp Facebook Telegram Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest What is Padma Awards? Padma Awards is one of the highest … Read more
- Kerala PSC University Assistant Syllabus 2023|University Assistant Main Exam Syllabus2023|Kerala PSC 486/2022 Detailed SyllabusWhatsApp Facebook Telegram Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Kerala PSC University Assistant Syllabus 2023 DETAILED SYLLABUS FOR THE MAIN … Read more
- Natural Vegetation & WildlifeWhatsApp Facebook Telegram Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Natural Vegetation in India India is one of the 12 mega … Read more