[sg_popup id=”1345″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup]Detailed Syllabus for Industrial Extension Officer 125/2018 Kerala PSC
Hi friends, in this post, I would like to discuss with you the Detailed Syllabus for Industrial Extension Officer 125/2018 Kerala PSC .
The main Syllabus Topics are;
I GK including Renaissance and Current Affairs
II Engineering Topics
1.Basic Civil Engineering
2.Basic Electrical Engineering
3.Basic Mechanical Engineering
4.Basic Electronics Engineering
5.Basic Computer Science Engineering
1. Basic Civil Engineering
- Materials: Brick – varieties and strength, characteristics of good brick. Cement – varieties and grade of cement and its uses. Steel – types of steel for reinforcement bars, steel structural sections. Aggregates – types & requirements of good aggregates. Concrete – grades of concrete as per IS code, water cement ratio. Workability, mixing, batching, compaction and curing.
- Construction: Parts of building – foundation – types of foundations – spread footing, isolated footing, combined footing, Raft, pile and well foundations. Masonry – types rubble masonry, brick masonry, English bond and Flemish bond. (One brick wall).
- Surveying: Chain surveying – principles, instruments, ranging, and chaining survey lines, field work and field book, selection of survey stations, units of land area.
- Levelling: Levelling instruments, different types, bench mark, reduced level of points, booking of field notes, reduction of levels by height of collimation method (simple problem). Modern survey – instruments – Total station, Electronics theodolite, Distomat.
2. Basic Mechanical Engineering
- The importance of IC Engines: Definition, classification – two stroke engines, four stroke engines, working of two stroke engines and four stroke engines with the help of line sketches, comparison between two stroke and four stroke engines, comparison between petrol and diesel engines, function of fly wheel, clutch, gearbox, propeller shaft and differential in power transmission, explain with sketch the working of differential, briefly explain power transmission of 4 wheel vehicle with line diagram.
- The importance of Power Plants: Introduction, classification of power plants – working of hydroelectric power plant with schematic sketches – working of thermal (Steam and Diesel) power plant with schematic sketches – working of nuclear power plant with schematic sketches
3. Basic Electrical Engineering
- Review with discussion of electric current, potential difference, power, EMF, resistance and its laws, Ohms law and series parallel circuit, electromagnetism, generation of AC and DC supply.
- Idea of Basic electrical circuit: Electrical supply and load and its functioning, division of voltage and current in a parallel and series circuit – simple problems, units of power and energy, solution of DC circuit with calculation of energy consumption in an installation.
- Circuit parameters: Resistance, Capacitance and inductance. AC circuit with R, L, C. Simple solution of typical AC circuit with resistance, impedance, power and power factor.
- Electrical circuit of an installation: Earthing, lightning protection.
4. Basic Electronics Engineering
- Active and passive devices – review only. LED – working, applications, comparison of LED lighting and CFL lighting. Full wave rectifier – diagram and explanation, 5 V power supply – with bridge rectifier and 7805. SMPS – block diagram and advantages. Integrated circuits. SMDs – advantages. Static electricity – precautions in handling electronic circuits.
- Switches: ON / OFF, push to ON, push to OFF, push to ON / OFF, SPST, SPDT, DPDT. Working and application of limit switches, proximity switches, relays.
- Microcontrollers: Simple block diagram of 8 bit microcontrollers – application. Mobile technology: CDMA and GSM. Compare – 2G and 3G technologies.
- Inverter & UPS: Block diagram. Compare – inverter and UPS. Online and off line UPS – differentiate. Battery selection for UPS and inverter.
- E-waste: Health hazards of e-waste.
5. Basic Computer Engineering
- Data Communication:
- Computer Networks:
- Information Security:
- Mobile Computing
- Digital Computer Principles
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Web Technology
In Addition, There will be
- GK including Renaissance and Current Affairs
you can watch the video here
you can watch the classes here