FIRST AID MCQ’s
In this post, there are 15 MCQ Questions and answers given on the topic First Aid. This topic is important in many Exams like Fireman in Kerala PSC and in other State PSC Exams. This is the first set of Questions in this series. More questions will be posted. To get the updates, subscribe to the blog through email or enable the bell notification at the bottom. To join Telegram/Whatsapp Study group, message on 7510893107
FIRST AID Questions and Answers
You can watch the video HERE
You can get Malayalam Notes HERE
1) Your check of the scene suggests that a victim has suffered an electrical shock. The first thing to do is….
a) Cover all burns with a dry loose dressing.
b) Ask a bystander to help you move the victim.
c) Place the victim on one side with the head down.
d) Make sure the power is turned off.
2) A victim of a car accident has just vomited and now appears to be coughing up blood. He is breathing very quickly and his pulse is weak and fast. What is most likely wrong?
a) He is having a seizure.
b) He has internal bleeding.
c) He is having a heart attack.
d) He is having a diabetic emergency.
3) You are caring for a victim with a burned hand. Put the hand in cool water if….
a) The burns are very deep
b) There are burns with open blisters.
c) The burns are minor with no open blisters.
d) You should put the hand in cool water for all of the above.
4) In general a splint should be….
a) Loose, so that the victim can still move the injured limb.
b) Snug, but not so tight that it slows circulation.
c) Tied with cravats over the injured area.
d) None of the above.
5) A victim has lost a lot of blood through a deep cut in his leg. He is breathing fast and seems pail and restless. He is probably….
a) Having a stroke.
b) Having a heart attack.
c) In shock.
6) You suspect that a person has been poisoned. She is conscious. Your first call should be to….
a) The Poison Control Center or your local emergency phone number.
b) The victim’s physician.
c) The hospital emergency department.
d) The local pharmacy.
7) Which would you do when caring for a seizure victim?
a) Remove nearby objects that might cause injury.
b) Place a small object, such as a rolled-up piece of cloth, between the
c) Try to hold the person still.
d) All of the above.
8) Splint an injury to a muscle, bone, or joint only when….
a) You have to move or transport the victim.
b) You can do so without hurting the victim.
c) You have splinting materials available.
d) Both a and b
9) For which of the following burn victims should you immediately call your
local emergency phone number?
a) A 40 year old man who has burned his hand with hot coffee.
b) A 68-year-old woman who has a blistered grease burn on her hands and arms.
c) A 26-year-old woman who has a sunburn on her shoulders.
d) All of the above.
10) A 15-year-old boy has just splashed a chemical on his face. After sending someone to call for an ambulance, you would….
a) Cover the burned area.
b) Have the victim stay calm until ambulance arrives.
c) Flush the burned area with large amounts of water until the ambulance arrives.
d) Immediately drive the victim to the hospital.
11) Why should you cover burns with a clean or sterile dressing?
a) To prevent infection.
b) To cool burned area.
c) To keep the burned area warm.
d) Both a and c
12) You find a person at the bottom of the stairs. He appears to have fallen and seems badly hurt. After sending someone for help, you would….
a) Roll the victim onto his stomach keeping the head and back in a straight line.
b) Roll the victim onto one side.
c) Position victim onto one side.
d) Attempt to keep the victim from moving.
13) A victim has a large piece of glass sticking out of her leg. You should….
a) Leave the glass in her leg and control the bleeding.
b) Call your local emergency phone number.
c) Remove the glass and then control the bleeding.
d) Both a and b
14) What should be your first concern at the scene where a person has been seriously burned?
a) Checking the scene for safety.
b) Checking the victims breathing and pulse.
c) Calling your local emergency phone number.
d) Cooling the burned area.
15) A woman has fallen and burned her ankle. She says she heard something snap. She looks pale and is sweating. What should you do?
a) Have the victim walk on the injured ankle.
b) Care for the injury as if it were serious.
c) Apply heat and elevate the injury.
d) Apply a dressing and loosely bandage.